Friday, September 18, 2009

chuck, tears, and good advice

Today I took Ava to Chuck E. Cheese. She has been talking about it for two weeks and I figured that a Friday is a good day to take her to get all sugared up. She was so excited! Sure, she climbs up the ski ball ramps instead of throwing the balls up there, but that's ok. She usually just ends up running around tearing up that place on a root beer high while I play the easiest games possible in order to win a sufficient number of tickets to get yet another purple beaded necklace or "neckle" as she calls it. I don't know why she is obsessed with this place lately, every ride she attempts she wants off of in 2.2 seconds. oh well, the whole idea of that place kind of freaks me out.

Last night, Colin beat Liz home and for some reason this sometimes makes Ava a little unsure of what the hell is going on. Colin was wanting a cuddle from her and she wasn't at all complying. I told her that Daddy was "sad", so she looks at him and says: "Daddy, you go in your room and calm down." Ha!

Yesterday she also said what may have been the sweetest thing I've ever heard. Unfortuntely I slept in yesterday to an ungodly hour b/c of:

a. Amanda's birthday
and
b. my HORRIBLE alarm clock

Long story short, I was exhausted and felt SO BAD that I was so late. I was feeling pretty down and cried a little. I never cry in front of Ava, but I was feeling really bad! She gave me her bunkie, after she wiped my face with it, and said:

"Don't cry Lala, I love you."

This made me cry even harder. Words can not explain how much I love this little girl! What a sweetheart. Of course, then she kept asking me if I was going to cry again. She was so concerned.

Well, I'm off to read. More next week!

No comments:

Post a Comment