Tuesday, October 20, 2009

everyone poops


So, Ava has been potty trained for most of the summer. On our second try, she really took to it and never had poop accidents. Now, all of a sudden she is acting like it's the biggest pain in the ass (no pun intended). She hasn't pooped in 2 days and i have to practically put on a complete stage performance to get her to sit on the potty for even 3 minutes. I can't figure out what happened. I gave her a whole bunch of prune baby food, hopping that at least she will be more comfortable. I've bribed her with stickers, treats, trips...yeah, she doesn't care.

While she was at school today I went and bought her "Everyone Poops". It's this kids book about pooping. It's kind of funny, but I can see how some people would be offended by it. We read it before nap and she takes one look at the little Asian boy on the front and says: "He's really freaking out." Ha! I tried to explain that he was trying to poop in the potty, but she insisted that he was freaking out. Whatever, I was tired of talking about poop. I plopped her in a pull-up and made a wish hoping that her bed would not be covered in poop when she woke.

Not to fear, I'll keep everyone posted.

1 comment:

  1. Hahaha! "That guy is really freaking out" OMG that is too funny. How does she even know what that means!? I have to meet this child.

    ReplyDelete