Thursday, October 29, 2009

all righty then!

a few updates, since ava and i are stuck in the house with colds/coughs:

  • Last Thursday: So Ava, Amanda and I had a HUGE day at Central Park, American Girl Store, and carving pumpkins. After dinner, i was doing laundry and Ava did not want to go down the hall with me. So I leave her in the apartment playing with her Little People barn under the watchful eye of TWO, yes TWO grown ups (I won't name names in case someone reading this decides to call Children's Services...but not Colin)! As I'm pulling clothes from the washer and shoving them into the dryer, I hear a small knock on the door and "Lala, i come in?" I open the door and laugh so hard I almost peed my pants. Ava is standing there in an almost two small green t-shirt and NOTHING else, dragging the HUGE Little People barn in behind her. She didn't find anything funny about it. She simply walked past me and situated her little naked self and the barn in the corner of the laundry room and continued playing. As we come back in the apt. I notice that none of the responsible adults are phased by the fact that Ava was no longer in the apartment. I then ask if anyone noticed that the naked two year old left the apartment. No one did. Oh did we all have a good laugh...
  • Liz and Colin went to Chelsea Day School's open house the other night. Those of you who aren't from New York would not believe the amount of competition there is to get your TODDLER into a preschool. It's a freaking nightmare. Go out and Netflix Nursery University and you'll see what I mean. The best part about Chelsea Day is that Ava is in competition with Kyle MacLaughlin's (spell?) three year old for one of the EIGHT spots. This guy is of course better known as Trey MacDougal from SATC. Ha!! Scooner. That's an awesome celebrity encounter.
  • Ava and I are both a little sick. At this moment she is zoned out watching Olivia on Nick Jr. It may be the cough medicine I gave her so that she would quit climbing all over me and coughing on me. She told me: "you can go and shee your mom amanda and barb." she thinks amanda AND barb are my mom. that's funny.

1 comment:

  1. Hello Lala and Ava

    Moo and Dee coming to New York to see you AVA on Tuesday so we are getting excited and beginning to pack our bags. All the Teddy's want to come but we only have room for one so it will have to be KIWI who Daddy brought from New Zealand. He will be so pleased to see you.

    Very windy at our house today and the electricity is broken because of the trees falling over so we can't watch Fox News and the X factor.

    Moo's car had a puncture recently and she had to get some help from an old man to help her fix it back again.

    The lovely pussycat that we meet in Italy in September is having kittens soon so we are hoping to get a new photograph of her to send you next year.

    Must go now because it is getting dark outside as we wait for the electricity to come back.

    love from Moo & Dee

    ReplyDelete